Kids are special people…and so are their parents. No matter how much we love our children, all parents need some time out from parenting.
What is Wee Care?
Wee Care is a free program for any Warren County family with a child 6 weeks through Kindergarten age. Parents can bring their child to the state-licensed nursery for two hours a week while they run errands, go to appointments or just take a break from caring for their young children.
Who is eligible?
All parents who live in Warren County are eligible. Children ages 6 weeks through Kindergarten of all races, creeds, and ethnic groups are welcome.
How much does Wee Care cost?
Nothing. Wee Care is free to all Warren County residents regardless of income.
Where is Wee Care located?
First United Methodist Church
Ashland and “B” Streets
Indianola, Iowa 50125
When is Wee Care available?
Wee Care is available year ’round on Tuesdays or Thursdays, 9:00-11:00 A.M. or 12:30-2:30 P.M. From September through May, Wee Care is also available every Monday from 9:00-11:00 A.M. or 12:30-2:30 P.M. (Children should not arrive early or be picked up late in order to allow staff set-up time and clean-up time)
Who is responsible for staffing Wee Care?
The Wee Care nursery is staffed with the Wee Care Director, assisted by four regular staff members and volunteers who all care about children and their parents.
Are there any activities?
Children will be given the opportunity to play games, sing songs, listen to books, make a craft, be involved in supervised free play, and eat a snack. Infants will be cuddled and played with to meet their physical and emotional needs.
How do I register?
Wee Care is a state licensed respite care program. To pre-register, call Lisa Kerr Gray, Wee Care Director, at 961-4716, or stop by during one of the Wee Care sessions. (Emergency situations are always accepted.)
What are the other admission policies?
* Parents enrolling their children will need to complete registration forms, including a signed health statement, to be placed in their child’s permanent file.
* A daily registration will be kept for each child.
* Each child shall bring a change of clothing if needed, and disposable diapers and a bottle for infants. Please label bottles and diaper bags.
* If for some reason you are unable to bring your child or children at the time signed up for, please call director and cancel so that time slot can be filled by other families.
* Wee Care has an “open door” policy.
* Please do not bring sick children.
Wee Care Nursery Child Care is sponsored by the Child Abuse Prevention Council of Warren County, a chapter of Prevent Child Abuse Iowa, United Way of Central Iowa, and the First United Methodist Church of Indianola.